Area of Operation: Moyale Ethiopia
The Strategies for Northern Development (SND) is a local non-governmental organization working with Nomadic Pastoralist Communities in Northern Kenya and Southern Ethiopia. SND is guided by a vision to see a society where all Pastoralist Communities are resilient and live a dignified life.
Key areas of focus include; (1) Peace Building and Governance, (2) Food Security, Sustainable Livelihoods and Resilience, (3) Child Protection and Education, (4) Water, Sanitation and Health and (5) Humanitarian assistance.
We are seeking application from qualified individual to fill the following open position; Finance Assistant
- University degree or diploma in Finance or Accounting.
- Have proven financial management experience of a minimum of 2 years in NGO.
- Be able to work under pressure as may be required;
- Be a team player
- Be self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines
- Well conversant with the accounting system, e.g., Quick books
- Excellent in computer packages especially excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Roles & Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is:
The role of the finance assistant is to support finance manager in providing financial and administrative support to the organization. He/she is responsible for maintaining sound financial and accounting systems and controls for the organization. The role entails performing day-to-day financial accounting tasks, including, processing payments, filing, and document retrieval.
Other Roles and Responsibilities:
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, invoices as required •
- Ensure accounts payables and accounts receivables are performed accurately and timely
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Reconcile bank statements
- Participate in financial audits
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure all expenses are within the assigned project budget
- Participate in review and implementation of financial policies
- Ensure data integrity in all financial reporting
- Perform financial analysis and management tasks
- Review financial paperwork and procedures and make appropriate changes
- Undertake other duties as required.
How to Apply:
Letter of applications along with a copy of your resume, a contact telephone number, copies of Academic certificates , professional certificates, testimonials and the names of 3 referees preferably from your previous work places, quoting their email addresses/contact numbers properly and Clearly label/quote the job title above on your envelope addressed to Human Resource Officer and hand deliver to the SND Moyale Ethiopia Office (adjacent to Fulesa Hospital) or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for the submission of application is Thursday, 30th June, 2022 5:00 PM. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are not acceptable.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
SND is an equal opportunity employer.