The Strategies for Northern Development (SND) is a local non-governmental organization working with Nomadic Pastoralist Communities in Northern Kenya and Southern Ethiopia. SND is guided by a vision to see a society where all Pastoralist Communities are resilient and live a dignified life.
Key areas of focus include; (1) Peace Building and Governance, (2) Food Security, Sustainable Livelihoods and Resilience, (3) Child Protection and Education, (4) Water, Sanitation and Health and (5) Humanitarian assistance.
We are seeking application from qualified individual to fill the following open position; Administrative Assistant
Period of Contract: 6 Months
- Holder of Diploma from recognized college or university.
- Proven experience as a back-office assistant, office assistant or in another relevant administrative role.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of office equipment.
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will oversee clerical works in SND Office which include; answering and redirecting phone calls, scheduling meetings, and providing personalized support for other employees in the office.
Other Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail.
- Keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed.
- Maintaining files.
- Welcoming visitors to SND office.
- Answering phone calls.
- Taking and delivering messages.
- Ensuring the office runs smoothly
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, and colleagues
- Perform receptionist duties when needed
- Undertake other duties as required
How to Apply
Letter of applications along with a copy of your resume, a contact telephone number, copies of Academic certificates , professional certificates, testimonials and the names of 3 referees preferably from your previous work places, quoting their email addresses/contact numbers properly and Clearly label/quote the job title above on your envelope addressed to Human Resource Officer and hand deliver to the SND Moyale Ethiopia Office (Adjacent to Fulesa Hospital) or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for the submission of application is Thursday, 30th June, 2022 5:00 PM. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are not acceptable.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
SND is an equal opportunity employer.