- Supported trauma-healing processes for the local communities affected by the conflict.
- Community dialogue -on peace building initiatives: supported dialogue sessions among women, youth, elders and religious leaders.
- Supported youth/women sporting/cultural events that resulted in reconciliation among rivaling communities
- Strengthened traditional instruments of peace–declarations/alternative
dispute resolution mechanisms between warring communities i.e.Reviewed Dukana-Dillo-Maikona agreement between Gabra andBorana.
- Enhanced mediation skills among elders & religious leaders through conflict prevention, mitigation and response trainings
- Strengthened the capacity of cross border peace committees Promoted greater leadership skills among women & youth Strengthened entrepreneurial & mentoring skills for youth Facilitated a youth-led outreach campaigns that expose the cost of engaging in violence
- Conducted Countering Violent Extremism-CVE trainings for religious leaders i.e. Mosque Imams, Madrasa teachers and security agents.
- Formed peace clubs in schools and organized inter-school forums for cross learning.
- Strengthened capacity of Marsabit Interfaith Council on conflict
prevention, mitigation and response and P/CVE
- Enhanced/improved cross border coordination & communication efforts among & between local government authorities.
- Supported regular inter & intra local government and cross border meetings.
- Promoted partnership between /with local/government & peace
- Strengthened Capacity of Border management Committees Supported the community understanding of integrated border management systems and the importance of peace and security in facilitating cross border trade/movement
- Strengthened local EWER mechanisms within and across border Strengthened mechanisms for co-management of shared and contested resources
- Enhanced community-police relations
- Enhanced cross-border collaboration for peace and security
- Supported cross-border inter-governmental meetings
- Exploring new cross-border mechanisms/forums
- Increased community engagement to strengthen foundations for peace
- Enhancing youth roles in and creating positive foundations for peace
- Supported linking of vulnerable youth to employment opportunities
- Supported training in conflict-management, mediation, and advocacy
- Youth exchanges and special event
- Mainstreamed youth participation in community decision-making
- Enhanced women’s role in peace and security
- Promoted peace through economic benefit or established trade
- Increased levels of conflict-sensitive development
- Improved coordination and collaboration among cross border partners
- Supported county level civic education on the devolved government and representation structures including targeting women, youth, PWDs
- Supported community understanding of voter education on the new
voting systems and processes.
- Facilitated training of citizens (including Women, youth, PWDs and
Minorities) on Policy and legislative development process.
- Facilitated citizen engagement in the development and implementation
of policies and legislations relating to devolved structures, including
women, youth, PWDs and Minorities.
- Supported citizen engagement in the development of policies on setting
up of the devolved government structures and systems
- Supported formation of County Citizen Oversight Committees
- Supported periodic citizen accountability fora
- Organized learning platforms on devolution
- Strengthened the capacity of citizens in the county to do monitoring and
advocacy at the county
- Supported development and utilization of county citizen scorecards
- Liaised with the line ministries working with the devolved governments
- Created and Maintained a community of practice platform on devolution
- Engaged with national networks on devolution i.e. Civil society